"Asia surpassed North America as the largest petroleum-consuming region in 2008. Asian demand surged nearly 15 million barrels per day...
- EIA - China is the world's most populous country and the largest energy consumer in the world
- EIA - Iran holds the world's fourth-largest proven oil reserves and the world's second-largest natural gas reserves
- India is the fourth largest energy consumer in the world after the United States, China, and Russia
- Australia world's largest coal exporter, fourth-largest liquefied natural gas exporter
- Oman is the largest oil and natural gas producer in the Middle East that is not a member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries