Friday Fun

OK.. I promised to one up the previous stepping on Dan's Friday Fun post....

Well there I was in Books-A-Million, browsing the extremely large magazine
section when the title of my new favorite magazine catches my eye BEER

http://www.thebeermag.com/ if you go to the site and at the top select
"Digital Subscription" you can read online FREE the jan/feb 09 issue.

The site contains Beer articles, news, videos, of course a section of the
"Girls of Beer Magazine" and even a Beer Forum, so I hope it is a slow day
in your Law School Sector...

Harold

Beer Magazine the official magazine of CALI Beer Hikers.... :D

Friday Fun

Well, when I think beer, I think German. And when I think German, I think "Blazing Saddles".

I sent this to a friend who is teaching in Freiburg this summer, so I thought it was appropo for my contribution to Friday funnies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-pmpgrYQgs&feature=related

Enjoy.

Gary

>>> On 2/13/2009 at 10:43 AM, in message <e321c8820902130743k2600e4evd58e36b376412429@mail.gmail.com>, Harold Bieber <harold.bieber@gmail.com> wrote:
OK.. I promised to one up the previous stepping on Dan's Friday Fun post....

Well there I was in Books-A-Million, browsing the extremely large magazine section when the title of my new favorite magazine catches my eye BEER

http://www.thebeermag.com/ if you go to the site and at the top select "Digital Subscription" you can read online FREE the jan/feb 09 issue.

The site contains Beer articles, news, videos, of course a section of the "Girls of Beer Magazine" and even a Beer Forum, so I hope it is a slow day in your Law School Sector...

Harold

Beer Magazine the official magazine of CALI Beer Hikers.... :D

Friday Fun

Well, when I think beer, I think German. And when I think German, I think "Blazing Saddles".

I sent this to a friend who is teaching in Freiburg this summer, so I thought it was appropo for my contribution to Friday funnies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-pmpgrYQgs&feature=related

Enjoy.

Gary

>>> On 2/13/2009 at 10:43 AM, in message <e321c8820902130743k2600e4evd58e36b376412429@mail.gmail.com>, Harold Bieber <harold.bieber@gmail.com> wrote:
OK.. I promised to one up the previous stepping on Dan's Friday Fun post....

Well there I was in Books-A-Million, browsing the extremely large magazine section when the title of my new favorite magazine catches my eye BEER

http://www.thebeermag.com/ if you go to the site and at the top select "Digital Subscription" you can read online FREE the jan/feb 09 issue.

The site contains Beer articles, news, videos, of course a section of the "Girls of Beer Magazine" and even a Beer Forum, so I hope it is a slow day in your Law School Sector...

Harold

Beer Magazine the official magazine of CALI Beer Hikers.... :D

Friday Fun

For those of use who grew up in the 80s, let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUFLm25zNY

This show was one of the many ways I came to love technology.

Douglas Tepe
Webmaster

NEW ENGLAND LAW | BOSTON
154 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
T 617.422.7227
F 617. 422.7455
dtepe@nesl.edu
www.nesl.edu

_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: tekarchive@host2.teknoids.net.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.

RE: Friday Fun

What about those of us whose children grew up in the 80's? I have fond memories of watching Mathnet with my daughters.
Ken

ken.hirsh@uc.edu
(513) 556-0159

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu [mailto:teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Doug Tepe
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] Friday Fun

For those of use who grew up in the 80s, let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUFLm25zNY

This show was one of the many ways I came to love technology.

Douglas Tepe
Webmaster

NEW ENGLAND LAW | BOSTON
154 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
T 617.422.7227
F 617. 422.7455
dtepe@nesl.edu
www.nesl.edu

_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: hirshkh@ucmail.uc.edu.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: tekarchive@host2.teknoids.net.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.

RE: RE: Friday Fun

LOL! Just what I was thinking, Ken. My question is, what will OUR
children think back on when their kids are grown? Disney Playhouse?
Dora? Not nearly as cool as the 80's...IMO, of course.
Cyndi

Cyndi Dean Johnson
Assistant Dean for Information Technology
UNM School of Law
(505) 277-0695

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
[mailto:teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Hirsh,
Kenneth (hirshkh)
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 12:31 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] RE: Friday Fun

What about those of us whose children grew up in the 80's? I have fond
memories of watching Mathnet with my daughters.
Ken

ken.hirsh@uc.edu
(513) 556-0159

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
[mailto:teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Doug Tepe
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] Friday Fun

For those of use who grew up in the 80s, let's take a stroll down memory
lane, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUFLm25zNY

This show was one of the many ways I came to love technology.

Douglas Tepe
Webmaster

NEW ENGLAND LAW | BOSTON
154 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
T 617.422.7227
F 617. 422.7455
dtepe@nesl.edu
www.nesl.edu

_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: hirshkh@ucmail.uc.edu.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at
http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list
password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: johnson@law.unm.edu.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at
http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list
password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: tekarchive@host2.teknoids.net.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.

Friday Fun

The guys from Spinal Tap and A Mighty Wind are at it again.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/17/shearer.tap.unwigged/index.html

Here's their great version of the Stones "Start Me Up!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6i42G72Ak

RE: Friday Fun

> LOL! Just what I was thinking, Ken. My question is, what will OUR
> children think back on when their kids are grown? Disney Playhouse?
> Dora? Not nearly as cool as the 80's...IMO, of course.

Dora and Diego, the Wiggles and Veggie Tales ("When good produce goes bad...")

My daughters have been exposed to a steady diet of home improvement
and construction shows, so hopefully they will inherit my wife's
talents in that area.

My animal-obsessed 7-year-old occasionally finds a marathon of bad
Sci-Fi Channel movies and becomes engrossed in watching the monster du
jour eat stupid teenagers. He always roots for the gator / shark /
spider / octopus / dinosaur / yeti / reptile.

RE: Friday Fun

My 5 year old son's obsession with Thomas the Tank Engine will most
likely extend into the nostalgic as he gets older. I plan to introduce
him to The Animaniacs soon, which was IMHO the first cartoon to
recapture the antics and appeal of the original Loony Tunes. Cartoons
which provide engaging antics for kids and sly humor for adults are
truly hard to come by, although some episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures
made a good effort in that direction. He's also discovered Tom & Jerry
reruns on Cartoon Network, which I can still chuckle over.

On my Guilty Pleasures list from the 80s, I have to put the original
Voltron. There, I've said it...
http://www.hulu.com/voltron-defender-of-the-universe

:)

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1300
email: resotko@law.msu.edu
Phone: 517-432-6836
Fax: 517-432-6861

Current Chairperson of the
MSU Network Communications Community

>>> Robert Sullivan <robert.g.sullivan@gmail.com> 3/27/2009 3:47 PM
>>>
> LOL! Just what I was thinking, Ken. My question is, what will OUR
> children think back on when their kids are grown? Disney Playhouse?
> Dora? Not nearly as cool as the 80's...IMO, of course.

Dora and Diego, the Wiggles and Veggie Tales ("When good produce goes
bad...")

My daughters have been exposed to a steady diet of home improvement
and construction shows, so hopefully they will inherit my wife's
talents in that area.

My animal-obsessed 7-year-old occasionally finds a marathon of bad
Sci-Fi Channel movies and becomes engrossed in watching the monster du
jour eat stupid teenagers. He always roots for the gator / shark /
spider / octopus / dinosaur / yeti / reptile.

friday fun

Disney's genetically engineered child stars. This explains a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgXg_7kVI8&NR=1

Warm regards,
Susanna M. Leers
E-Research & Technology Services Librarian
Barco Law Library
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
3900 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412 648-1329

Susanna Leers

RE: Friday Fun

My four year old son has to watch Scooby Doo every night at 8:30 pm on Boomerang. Boomerang also shows Tom and Jerry at 7:30 which he is also quite fond of. Plus I have four volumes of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Series. His favorite, Tweety Bird. Must be the classics, you know. :-)

this counterbalances his love and my 16 month old's love of Little Einsteins. sigh.

Gary Moore, CISSP
Assistant Dean for Information Systems
Hofstra University School of Law
Gary.P.Moore@hofstra.edu
(516) 463-6067

>>> On 3/27/2009 at 4:08 PM, in message <49CCF9FC.0587.0031.0@law.msu.edu>, "John Resotko" <resotko@law.msu.edu> wrote:
My 5 year old son's obsession with Thomas the Tank Engine will most
likely extend into the nostalgic as he gets older. I plan to introduce
him to The Animaniacs soon, which was IMHO the first cartoon to
recapture the antics and appeal of the original Loony Tunes. Cartoons
which provide engaging antics for kids and sly humor for adults are
truly hard to come by, although some episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures
made a good effort in that direction. He's also discovered Tom & Jerry
reruns on Cartoon Network, which I can still chuckle over.

On my Guilty Pleasures list from the 80s, I have to put the original
Voltron. There, I've said it...
http://www.hulu.com/voltron-defender-of-the-universe

:)

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1300
email: resotko@law.msu.edu
Phone: 517-432-6836
Fax: 517-432-6861

Current Chairperson of the
MSU Network Communications Community

>>> Robert Sullivan <robert.g.sullivan@gmail.com> 3/27/2009 3:47 PM
>>>
> LOL! Just what I was thinking, Ken. My question is, what will OUR
> children think back on when their kids are grown? Disney Playhouse?
> Dora? Not nearly as cool as the 80's...IMO, of course.

Dora and Diego, the Wiggles and Veggie Tales ("When good produce goes
bad...")

My daughters have been exposed to a steady diet of home improvement
and construction shows, so hopefully they will inherit my wife's
talents in that area.

My animal-obsessed 7-year-old occasionally finds a marathon of bad
Sci-Fi Channel movies and becomes engrossed in watching the monster du
jour eat stupid teenagers. He always roots for the gator / shark /
spider / octopus / dinosaur / yeti / reptile.

RE: Friday Fun

teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu wrote on 03/27/2009 03:47:36 PM:
> > LOL! Just what I was thinking, Ken. My question is, what will OUR
> > children think back on when their kids are grown? Disney Playhouse?
> > Dora? Not nearly as cool as the 80's...IMO, of course.
>
> Dora and Diego, the Wiggles and Veggie Tales ("When good produce goes
bad...")
>
> My daughters have been exposed to a steady diet of home improvement
> and construction shows, so hopefully they will inherit my wife's
> talents in that area.
>
> My animal-obsessed 7-year-old occasionally finds a marathon of bad
> Sci-Fi Channel movies and becomes engrossed in watching the monster du
> jour eat stupid teenagers. He always roots for the gator / shark /
> spider / octopus / dinosaur / yeti / reptile.
>

I have just introduced my 6-year-old to a staple of my youth: Loony Tunes.
He is totally hooked, as I was, er, am. I don't know why they don't run
those on Saturday morning anymore. Quality too high? Too violent? Too many
references to stars of the 40's? No associated playing card game?

+------------------------------------------+
Michael Hurley
Webmaster/System Administrator
University of Connecticut School of Law
mike.hurley@law.uconn.edu
860.570.5233
+------------------------------------------+
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: tekarchive@host2.teknoids.net.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.

Friday Fun

I am not a Toto fan but this is way cool!

Make sure to turn up the volume so you can hear the rain.

http://videos.komando.com/2009/06/18/african-thunderstorm/

African thunderstorm

Ronald M. Denby | Assistant Dean for Information Technology | College of Law

Director of Information Technology
Syracuse University
Office of Information Technology and Support Services
E.I. White Hall Suite 542
Syracuse, New York 13244-1030

t 315-443-9409 c 315-440-0432 e rmdenby@syr.edu

The information contained in this e-mail is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution or forwarding of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited without prior consent from the sender. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender.

RE: Friday Fun

Ken

While your kids were watching mathnet, in the early 80's, I was watching this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnx9K0wXuQU

:-)

Gary Moore, CISSP
Assistant Dean for Information Systems
Hofstra University School of Law
Gary.P.Moore@hofstra.edu
(516) 463-6067

>>> On 3/27/2009 at 2:30 PM, in message <4DEA66FECAF51547840CE95566B4C46D0236C1EA18@UCMAILBE3.ad.uc.edu>, "Hirsh, Kenneth (hirshkh)" <hirshkh@ucmail.uc.edu> wrote:
What about those of us whose children grew up in the 80's? I have fond memories of watching Mathnet with my daughters.
Ken

ken.hirsh@uc.edu
(513) 556-0159

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu [mailto:teknoids-bounces@ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Doug Tepe
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] Friday Fun

For those of use who grew up in the 80s, let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUFLm25zNY

This show was one of the many ways I came to love technology.

Douglas Tepe
Webmaster

NEW ENGLAND LAW | BOSTON
154 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
T 617.422.7227
F 617. 422.7455
dtepe@nesl.edu
www.nesl.edu

_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: hirshkh@ucmail.uc.edu.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: gary.p.moore@hofstra.edu.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to teknoids-leave@ruckus.law.cornell.edu
--
See the web interface at http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/teknoids to get your list password, unsubscribe, and view your list settings.