Today’s links

Iowa’s starvation strategy: Maybe the cruelty IS the point?

The Red Team Blues tour: LA, San Diego, Burbank, San Francisco, PDX, Mountain View, Berkeley, Vancouver, Calgary, Gaithersburg, DC, Toronto, Hay, Nottingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, London, Berlin.

Red Team Blues Chapter One, part three: Danny does THE THING.

Hey look at this: Delights to delectate.

This day in history: 2008, 2013, 2018

Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming/recent appearances, current writing projects, current reading

Iowa’s starvation strategy (permalink)
I don’t really buy that “the cruelty is the point.” I’m a materialist. Money talks, bullshit walks. When billionaires fund unimaginably cruel policies, I think the cruelty is a tactic, a way to get the turkeys to vote for Christmas. After all, policies that grow the fortune of the 1% at the expense of the rest of us have a natural 99% disapproval rating.
So when some monstrous new law or policy comes down the pike, it’s best understood as a way of

Link to original post from Teknoids News

Read the original story